Mont Vernon, NH
The Mont Vernon Town Hall (aka the Old Meeting House) sits atop a hill in the center of the town. In April, 1781 each farm in the community contributed timber for the construction of a meeting house. Due to the urgent need, the building was occupied before the floor timbers were installed. Parishioners sat on slab benches and counted on one another for warmth. In 1837, the Meeting House was moved across to the westerly side of the street and significantly remodeled. Major remodeling occurred again in 1897. Today the building awaits rehabilitation and a road map for purposeful use to continue its prominent towacy. Arcove is currently working on the feasibility study and design for the property after previously working on the historic assessment.