Exciting opportunity to join a young boutique architectural startup in seacoast Portsmouth NH. If you have a passion for innovative design and sustainable strategies for both new construction and historic preservation this is your chance to join a firm where you can chart your own path. We offer a collaborative, flexible, and design-centric work environment situated in Portsmouth’s historic downtown Market Square.
ARCove Architects is owned and founded by an entrepreneurial woman with 28 years of experience with multiple award-winning projects, who is a proven industry leader in high-performance sustainability & historic preservation. We specialize in the innovative design of buildings that fit, through contextual resilience and durable harmony. Current architectural project types consist of mixed use commercial and residential.
About This Position
Seeking mid-level architects to implement and coordinate all project phases. Must be an innovative thinker with excellent organizational and communication skills, a passionate self-starter effective in both team and independent environments, with attention to detail, commitment to quality, ability to multitask and meet schedules.
Develop and implement the design intent and coordinate with the design team through all phases of the project. Collaboratively develop design solutions through all phases, including programing, space planning, and conceptualization. Provide graphics for clear communication to clients, consultants and contractors. Produce and/or supervise production of all construction drawings, specifications, and code review for permitting and construction documents; assist/lead construction administration phase.
- 5-12 years of experience in professional architecture office
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture degree from accredited school
- Proficient in REVIT
- Working knowledge of zoning, building and life safety codes, and regulatory guidelines.
- Working knowledge of specifications, materials, systems and product technologies.
Nice to Have
- 3d graphics (such as SketchUp, Rhino, Enscape, Photoshop, Bluebeam, Lumion, etc)
- Sustainability accreditations (Certified Passive House Consultant, LEED, etc)
- Energy modelling (Covetool, Ladybug, Radiance, etc)
- Hand drawing skills
- Familiarity with preservation technologies
- Competitive compensation
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Sign-on bonus
- Profit sharing
- Remote work flexibility
- Professional development support
- Paid time off and holidays